The other day while visiting Barnes and Noble, I couldn’t help but notice a “huge” display of diet books in the front of the store. As I glanced over all the books, an elderly gentleman stood next to me and commented that “his wife was on a diet” and pointed to the plan she had begun. He also stated that since she started the diet plan that she cooks all the time and does not have time for anything else. I noted the frustration in his voice so I asked if she had lost any weight with her plan and he just smiled and said “nope.” I smiled as I left the store but noticed that two more women had began browsing at the same display table.
With so many diet plans available, I decided to compile a list and share some of the books that I have “collected” over the years for my own resource library. Keep in mind that these books only skim the surface of what else is available at either your local book store or library, and that I am not advocating any one plan. The list is made available to help you in your research if you are looking for a weight-loss resource book(s).
1. The Fat Flush Diet – Ann Louise Gittleman, PhD, CNS
2. The Dash Diet Action Plan – Marla Heller, MS, RD
3. The New Atkins For A New You Diet – Collette Heimowitz
4. The Pound A Day Diet – Rocco Dispirito
5. The 90/10 Weight Loss Plan – Joy Bauer, MS, RD, CDN
6. The Shred Diet – Ian Smith, MD
7. The Super Shred Diet – Ian Smith,MD
8. The Daniel Plan – Rick Warren, Pastor
9. The Portion Control Diet – Linda Gassenheimer
10. The Full-Plate Diet – Seale Sherard Fleming
11. This, Not That No-Diet Diet – David Zinczenko
12. The Mediterranean Diet – Kimberly A. Tessmer, RD
13. The Lean Belly Prescription – Travis Stork, MD
14. Drop Five Pounds Diet – Heather K. Jones, RD
15. Now Eat This Diet – Rocco Dispirito
16. The Drop 10 Diet – Lucy Danziger
17. The Eating Well Diet – Dr. Jean Harvey-Berino, PhD, RD
18. The Good Carb Diet Plan – Helen Foster
19. The Fast Metabolism Diet – Haylie Pomroy
20. The 100 Diet – Jorge Cruise (author of the “Belly Fat Cure”)
There are 100’s of weight-loss books available; and if you have decided to “go on a diet” and get healthy in 2014, I’m sure you will find one that fits your lifestyle.